06 May 2012

Fifth Sunday of Easter: Rooted, Nourished, Fruitful

photo by jay fonacier

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.”
John 15:1, 4-5, 7-8

Jesus is the vine and we, the followers, are the branches that grow from the vine. Jesus offers true life: the abundant life which comes from God and which results in great fruitfulness.  

Bilang mga sanga sa puno, tintatawag tayo na magbunga at magbigay-bunga. Ang bunga ng ating pananampalataya at pagmamahal kay Kristo ay nakaugat mismo sa karanasan natin ng kanyang pag-ibig sa atin. That is why it is important for us to stay in God’s love. Dito, tayo ay lumalago, tumutubo, at namumunga, tulad ng mga sanga na nakaugnay sa puno na siyang pinagmumulan ng buhay at kalakasan.

As branches of God’s life, how firmly rooted and intimately united are we with Christ? How do we draw inspiration and nourishment from the Jesus, the true vine? How do our lives bear and cultivate the fruits of faith, hope, and love in our relationship with God and others?

No comments:

Post a Comment